If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Call Us Today



Fairmount Animal Hospital is committed to providing prescription foods that are safe, effective and backed by the manufacturer.  

Have your pet's prescription food shipped right to your door!  


With our PetDesk app you can request appointments, get reminders, and have all of your pet's information in one easy to use app!

Our app holds your vaccination history, appointment history, and lets you know when it's time for that next check up or shot.   

What to do if you find a lost dog:

  • Check for identification tags.  If the pet has no name tag but a rabies tag, call the animal hospital that administered the Rabies Vaccine and give them the ID number listed on the tag. They may be able to find an owner that way.
  • Call the local dog control officer. 
    • Camillus Dog Control Officer: (315) 488-1234
    • Geddes Dog Control Officer: (315) 559-7891
    • Syracuse Dog Control Officer: (315) 473-6608
  • Have pet scanned for a microchip (this can be done at a Fairmount Animal Hospital, local animal shelter or with the dog control officer.)
  • Check local news websites, Craigslist, Facebook, local animal hospitals, etc. for lost pet postings.
  •  Find somewhere safe and secure where you can keep the pet until dog control arrives.

What to do if you find a lost cat:

  • Check for identification tags.
  • Have pet scanned for a microchip (this can be done at Fairmount Animal Hospital or local animal shelter).
  • Check local news websites, Craigslist, Facebook, local animal hospitals, etc. for lost pet postings.
  • If you cannot keep the cat until its rightful owner can be found, call area shelters and rescues to see if someone can foster the cat.
  • Here is a list of local cat rescues/animal shelters:
    • Alley Cat Allies: (240) 482-1980
    • CNY Cat Coalition: (315) 289-2287
    • CNY SNAP: (607) 756-2561
    • CNY SPCA: (315) 454-3469
    • Humane Association: (315) 457-8762
    • Multiple Personalities: (315) 834-8685
    • No Cats Left Behind: nocatleftbehind0@gmail.com
    • United Friends of Homeless Animals: (315) 298-4733
    • Wanders Rest Humane Association: (315) 697-2796
    • Wayward Paws: (315) 461-4228

What to do if you find injured/orphaned wildlife:

  • Do not approach the animal before consulting a wildlife rehabilitator.
  • You can reach a wildlife rehabilitator at:
    • Second Chance Wildlife: (315) 754-6208
    • Wildlife Control of CNY: (315) 415-7509

How to keep your own pets safe:

  • Make sure your pet has on a collar and ID tags at all times.
  • Have your pet microchipped.
  • Make sure your address and phone number is always current with your microchip company.
  • Don’t leave pets unsupervised outdoors.
  • Have your pets spayed/neutered (this prevents roaming tendencies).
  • If your pet does get lost, call your local shelters, animal hospitals and dog control officer.

We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Make An Appointment
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Online Forms
Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.